Featured Not resolved
1.8

I was very upset after ordering with Dr Leonards as it is my opinion they use tactics which I see as predatory to bilk older people out of money. I ordered and got free shipping.

At the end of the order process a box popped open saying to click for free shipping. I thought I had to click it to get the free shipping as that's how it appears, but I already had free shipping. Upon clicking to be sure I got free shipping it auto enrolled me into a program that bills you $14.95 a month. When I called to cancel it, they said I had to wait 3 business days to cancel enrollment.

It's my opinion this is in hopes you will forget and they can bill monthly. When I called Dr. Leonards 2 associates said I mistakenly clicked it, trying to blame me for the error, when it is set up to appear that you have to click it to get free shipping. I believe this is also predatory and it is common to blame the victim when using predatory practices.

I got call escalated and was told by supervisor I had to call again (3rd call) to try and rectify this after at least 2 more hours, so apparently it isn’t true you have to wait 3 days to cancel, but is what their reps are trained to say. All other companies I have dealt with can see order immediately, so I think this is in hopes I will get distracted and forget to call and cancel. The main customer base of this company are seniors and I hate that they seem to be taking advantage of the elderly.

I asked to be removed from mailing list, but wasn’t able to as even though I had magazine with customer # they couldn’t find me to remove me from mailing list. The items they sale seem inexpensive, but my time is worth money and it’s taking a lot of time to get this straightened out.

Review about: Dr Leonards Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: I would like to see Dr Leonards stop using these tactics I see as predatory to seniors..

Comments

I went to buy a car pulled my credit report myself first and had a hard inquiry from Dr. Leonards.

I had no idea who or what Dr Leonard is so i dissputed it why would they check my credit for no reason and no permission from me??

I would be very careful dealing with this co...its against the law to check credit without permission.. I just got fraudulant crap removed and now this...some people!!!

to Tara #1437639

Oh *** I hope that doesn't happen. Contest the hard inquiry with the credit reporting agency.

Tamera..Sheets

It took about 3 1/2 weeks to get my order.

When will I get my order? Eleanor Schmidt